Jean-Pierre Fleury was born on October 1953, the 19th.
He has been established in the familial farm since 1975 in Saint-Martin-de-la-Mer (Côte d’Or, Burgundy, France). He then run a herd of 40 suckler cows, following his father on a farm of 100 hectares (247 acres).
He is now associated with his wife and son, employing one person. They run a breeder-fattener system with 190 Charolais suckler cows on an area of 290 hectares (716 acres). They ensure the fattening of all cattle production. They also run a herd of sheep.
- Local responsibilities
- Jean-Pierre is a member of the Governing Board of the FDSEA of Côte d’Or (departmental producer federation), and of the Governing Board of the Regional Bovine Federation of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté.
- He has also been a member of the Governing Board of the Chamber of Agriculture of Côte d’Or since 2000, Chairman of the “Breeding Departmental Establishment” of Côte d’Or, structure in charge of breeders’ council and development (all productions) and Chairman of the Regional Committee of Orientation of the Livestock in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté.
- In 2010, he was elected Chair of the Regional Committee of the Inter-profession in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, a structure bringing together all the federations of the beef food chain, from producers to distributors.
- National responsibilities
- He has been an associated member of the Governing Board of the Fédération Nationale Bovine (French National Cattle Federation) since 2017, former Chairman of this Federation, and member of the Executive Board since 1990.
- European responsibilities
- Chairman of the COPA-COGECA Beef and Veal Working Group since November 2014
- Member of the Civil Dialogue Group on Animal Products, for beef meat
- Member of the European Meat Market Observatory on Meats